Thu, 15 November 2012
What are "era cues" and how can they trigger ghostly encounters?
In this 12-minute podcast, Fiona Broome discusses the concept of "era cues" as presented on an episode of Ghost Lab. She explains how you can use them to improve your research results, as well as what you encounter during ghost tours and events.
Links to more information, referenced in this podcast:
The Myrtles Plantation - official website
The Spalding Inn - NH hotel
Paragenealogy - Fiona's book about research ghostly history
(You can listen online or download the recording to listen to, later.)
Wed, 24 October 2012
Ghost Hunting events can be great... or they can be a disappointment. A lot depends on you, and how well you've prepared for the event.
In this two-minute podcast, Fiona Broome talks about what you improve (and what you possibly can't) at ghost hunting events, so you get the very most from each one.
After listening, visit HollowHill.com for Fiona's free report and checklist to get the most from the next ghost event you attend.
Tue, 23 October 2012
Fiona Broome's new book, Ghosts - What They Are and What They Aren't is already a best-seller at Amazon, in its third day of release.
Listen to this one-minute mini-podcast to hear Fiona explain what's in the book, and why it's important.
Learn more about what's in this book, at HollowHill.com.
Fri, 19 October 2012
In this rambling podcast, Fiona talks about:
For more information, visit HollowHill.com
Music: Zombie, by Devin Anderson
Thu, 18 October 2012
Fiona Broome announces Hollow Hill's First Annual 13 Days of Halloween event!
Check HollowHill.com daily for Halloween treats, starting Friday, October 19th.
Thu, 4 October 2012
Fiona returns to Hollow Hill podcasts with weekly updates during October 2012!
In this fast-paced, 15-minute, stream-of-consciousness podcast, Fiona discusses several topics.
1. Father Andrew Calder - How he will be remembered.
4. NH Magazine (Oct 2012) interview with Fiona Broome, and some notes about dealing with the police.
5. John Zaffis, the Haunted Collector TV series, and editing. Two kinds of paranormal TV shows: "Ooh, shiny!" novelty shows for adrenaline rushes (and little credibility), and "comfort food" shows that follow the Ghost Hunters formula.
6. Review: The World's Weirdest Places, by Nick Redfern. Just a few locations, but lots of in-depth research regarding well-known and rarely reported weird incidents at or near each one. Excellent for researchers.
Mon, 4 April 2011
For years, people have said, "My house is only five years old and there wasn't anything on the land before. Why is my house haunted?"In this 22-minute podcast, paranormal researcher Fiona Broome provides possible answers.
Fiona starts with the usual explanations:
Then Fiona explains additional information from her most recent research. She starts with additional information related to Ireland's Duckett's Grove Castle, featured in the St. Patrick's Day 2011 episode of Destination: Truth. Though hunting for a Banshee (bean sidhe) isn't recommended -- and Banshees aren't always blonde or in a shroud -- the cursed castle led Fiona to additional discoveries about the Duckett family and their cursed English home.
That led to the apparent contagion of tragedy at Lowther Castle.
For additional show notes, visit HollowHill.com
Tue, 17 October 2006
True ghost stories of New Orleans' French Quarter, told by ghost hunter Fiona Broome, founder of HollowHill.com.
1. Hotel Monteleone - A portal to the other side?
2. Jackson Square - Its vivid military history is just one reason why this is one of New Orleans' most haunted areas.
3. Pirates Alley - Named because the ghost of pirate Jean Lafitte is often seen there.
4. Brennan's Restaurant - At least four ghosts haunt two floors of this internationally famous restaurant.
5. Visit the French Quarter! While many areas of New Orleans are still in recovery, the French Quarter was barely touched by the hurricane and the flooding that followed. It's just as much fun as ever, and perhaps more haunted!
The haunted portrait of Comte LeFleur : Three photos of his changing portrait.
Hotel Monteleone - One of New Orleans' most elegant hotels is also one of its most haunted... in a good way.
New Orleans online - Welcome back to one of America's best vacation spots!
Brennan's Restaurant - Visit for world-class dining... and a few encounters with real ghosts.
Hollow Hill - The host of this podcast. Read true ghost stories, see real ghost photos, and learn how to become a ghost hunter, too.
Special note: The sound quality isn't ideal, but after two weeks of truly weird things happening to the recording, I decided to post it anyway.