Mon, 31 October 2011
Laconia, New Hampshire is a gold mine of haunted locations. This is Part 2 (of 2) about haunted places around Tilton, Franklin, and Laconia, New Hampshire.
In the previous podcast, Fiona Broome discussed these locations:
1. Hall Memorial Library, Northfield-Tilton, NH.
2. Tilton Mystery Tunnel, Tilton, NH.
3. Two buildings and a cemetery at Webster Place, Franklin, NH.
4. Daniel Webster birthplace, Franklin, NH.
In this 27-minute podcast, Fiona talks about visiting Laconia, NH with a neighbor. He remembered a house from his childhood; the house had "ghost stories" and a legend about a hidden Underground Railroad room.
Fiona describes what happened when they visited the house, including evidence of its Colonial history, the Underground RR room, and hash marks on the attic staircase walls and the inside of the door.
However, the owners of the home assured Fiona and her neighbor that there were no ghosts there.
The next day, Fiona returned to that area and found several other sites worth investigating:
Tavern 27 at the Mystic Meadows, 2075 Parade Road, Laconia, NH, and the gift shop behind it.
The former site of the Anti-Pedo Baptist Church of Meredith, NH, which was burned to the ground on behalf of a neighbor, Mrs. Morgan.
Mead Cemetery (433427N / 0712936W) and Round Bay Cemetery, Laconia, NH.
Fiona also recommends looking for the Folsom graves at Laconia's Union Cemetery (between Garfield St. and Academy St.), where the petrified bodies were reburied.
How to find similar haunted locations where you are:
1. Ask people if they know any local, haunted places.
2. Follow your instincts. Drive around, look at maps, and -- psychic or not -- pay attention to your "gut feelings."
3. Research history! Look for patterns -- geographical or historical -- that connect the locations.
4. Ask more questions. Collect more stories and look for "odd" comments and history.
5. Investigate, then ask more questions, and conduct more historical research.
For more information about this podcast, Laconia, NH Ghosts
For more information about ghost hunting, in general, visit HollowHill.com.
Music: Zombie, by Devin Anderson
Thu, 6 October 2011
In this 17 1/2 minute podcast, Fiona Broome talks about several haunted and eerie locations around Tilton and Franklin, NH.
For more complete background info -- and photos -- see Fiona's article at Hollow Hill: Podcast: Tilton Mystery Tunnel & Webster Place.
Music for this podcast is Zombie by Devin Anderson.